Don’t judge a torque wrench as other ordinary wrenches. A torque wrench is entirely different from traditional wrenches. Torque wrench usually tightens bolts of vehicles including cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, motorcycles and so on. Yes, it is a heavy duty tool that is handy in everyday life. That’s why today we are here to cover up the best torque wrench 2018. Hope you will get what you want.
Torque Wrench Types
Torque wrench usually comes in 3 different types. They are:
- Click Type Torque Wrench: For automotive work, click type torque wrench are the most preferable. Professional car mechanics mostly use a click type torque wrench in their garage. You don’t have to see gauge as you will notice a click sound when a specific amount of torque applied. Those are the precise and most advanced version of the torque wrench.
- Electric Torque Wrench: Digital or Electric Torque Wrench is worked as like click type torque wrenches. The only exception is you will notice beep noise when you are done. Besides, you can also see the result in LED display. Those features computerized chips that can store reading.
- Beam Torque Wrench: Beam Torque Wrench is the oldest and most simple design among the three. It has a handle and head that is divided by a level arm. The level arm is elastic which will let you bend the torque wrench to the needed pressure. Though those are considered as least accurate, model but those are cost effective. Those are usually needed for small projects.
All of them have their characteristics and purposes. You have to pick according to your job type.
Torque Wrench Sizes
Torque wrench comes in different sizes for different purposes. However, I am going to introduce you with most popular torque wrench sizes and their purposes. Let’s see which size is required for your job type.
- 3/8 inch: For automotive work, perfect range is 15 to 75 foot-pounds. Mostly used for light trucks and small cars.
- 3/4 inch: It is a unique size for special applications like center-lug wheels. It is not a common size for common applications.
- 1/4 Inch: For smallest nuts and bolts. The range of work in automotive is 50 to 250-inch pounds. Mostly used in lawn and garden, motorcycle, bicycle.
- 1/2 Inch: For automotive work 30 to 250 foot-pound range is suitable. Those are mostly used in car repairing, work. You can even use this size for light SUVs.
- 1 inch: usually use for heavy-duty projects like aircraft, cargo planes, tractors and other large vehicles.
How to Use a Torque Wrench
However, it is essential to know how to use a torque wrench properly. Without proper concentration and appropriate method of using, you can experience snapping off a bolt. It can accidentally harm you anytime. Let’s have a look at the system of using a torque wrench properly:
First: Know the specific number of ft-lbs you need the bolt to be tight.
Second: make sure the bolt is lined up properly, not at an angle
Finally: Start ratcheting until you reached the desired ft-lbs. You will hear a click sound which will identify that you are done.
Lots of recognized brands are selling torque wrench at present due to its vast popularity. So, if you want to pick one, you will be confused. That’s why this article will help you a lot. Read thoroughly until the end. Let’s have a look.
Best Torque Wrench Reviews: Our Top Pick
Picking the top pick wasn’t any simple task as it assumes. Our entire team made an immense effort while making this list. We visited the local market, read thousands of customer’s feedback and finally consulted with some professionals for their opinion. Finally, we have come up with this 10 that are considered as unbeatable at this moment. Let’s read out the best torque wrench reviews quickly for further procedure.
TEKTON 24335 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
The TEKTON 24335 1/2 –Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench has a range of 10-150 ft-lb which is why it appropriate for cars, trucks, lawn and garden equipment. This torque wrench will allow you to do tightening job precisely in an efficient way. It is a simple and reliable model that will produce a click sound when the work is done. Besides, the scale is high contrast and dual range that is readable. It is constructed of premium quality steel. This is why it is sustainable. Therefore, it is one of the best selling products on Amazon. The price is not prohibitive as well.
- Produce a click sound that can be both heard and feel when the present value is reached
- Offers +/- 4% accuracy
- Easy readable high contrast dual range scale
- Has reversible ratchet head included
- Can work in both directions
- All steel construction
- Best for the value
Tooluxe 03703L 3/8″ and ½” Dual Drive Beam Style Torque Wrench
For getting the most precise result every time this Tooluxe 03703L Beam Style Torque Wrench has no comparison. It is constructed to provide accurate tightening and loose nuts and bolts in all your vehicles. It works in both directions at a range of 0-150 ft-lb. Therefore; it is made of premium quality steel materials. Besides, this wrench is corrosion resistant with mirror chrome finish. The handle is comfortable with black texture. Probably, you are going to get the best grip from a torque wrench. As it is a beam deflection wrench, so you will get the most precise reading every single time. It is overall a good torque wrench to pick at an acceptable price range. Pick before the stock turns out!
- Has calibrated scale included for precise torque measurement
- All steel construction
- Corrosion resistant mirror chrome finish
- Working range is 0-150 ft-lb
- Can work in both direction
- Easily readable metric from 0 to 20-meter kilograms
- Black textured comfortable grip
VENZO Bicycle Bike Torque Wrench Allen Key Tool Socket Set Kit
For light works like bicycle repairing this VENZO Bicycle Bike Torque Wrench Allen Key Tool Socket Set Kit is the champ. It is specially designed for tightening bicycle bike nuts and bolts. The construction of this torque wrench is heavy duty. It will last years after year without any hassle. However, it also comes with quality bit set that included common size bits. You don’t have to spend additional amount for that. It has a torque range of 2-24 NM that covers almost all bike parts installation. It also features gauge that is perfect for bicycle carbon parts. It offers accuracy of +/- 4%. Overall, it is one of the finest torque wrenches in such price range.
- Perfect for tightening bolts and nuts of bicycle
- Has torque range 2-24 NM
- Comes with quality bit set
- Comes with Gauge
- Offers accuracy of +/- 4%
- Comfortable handle
- Made in Taiwan
TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
Are you looking for a heavy-duty torque wrench? Have a look on this TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench. It offers a range of 25-250 ft-lb. That is actually the range of heavy-duty applications. It has all steel construction which makes it sustainable in compare with other torque wrenches. Therefore, when the preset value is reached, this wrench will produce a click that can be heard and felt. You have to stop working as soon as you heard this click. The scale is a high-contract dual range that is perfectly readable. The head is reversible in both directions. It measures torque in the clockwise direction. You will be pleased if you pick this one.
- All steel construction
- Offers +/- 4% accuracy
- Reversible ratchet head included
- High contrast dual range scale
- Offers efficient tightening performance
- Produce click sound when preset value is reached
Pittsburgh Pro 239 Professional Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench
Pittsburgh Pro 239 Professional Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench is specially constructed for heavy duty purposes. It offers a torque range of 20-150 ft-lb with an accuracy rate of +/- 4%. However, it will produce a click sound when the preset value is reached. The construction of this torque wrench is way powerful than you can even imagine. Pick this durable torque wrench immediately before the stock turns out.
- Click stop wrench
- Offers accuracy of +/- 4%
- Comes with 20-150 ft-lb torque wrench
- Reversible head that can work in both direction
- Heavy duty construction
- Has cam and pawl mechanism included
Precision Instruments PREC3FR250F Silver 1/2″ Drive Split Beam Torque Wrench
The Precision Instruments PREC3FR250F Silver 1/2″ Drive Split Beam Torque Wrench is another amazing addition to our article. It is one of the finest torque wrenches today with nickel chrome finish. The construction is heavy duty. It is a long lasting torque wrench. Besides, the grip fits perfectly in hands and increases efficiency. The torque adjusts setting is convenient and simple. Though the head is not reversible but overall it is a good product to pick.
- Ergonomic grip for better comfort
- Nickel Chrome finish
- No need to turned down after use
- Adjustment knob included
- Easy torque adjustment system
- Has torque setting lock feature included
Pittsburgh 3/8 inch Drive Click Stop Torque Reversible Wrench
With a heavy-duty cam and pawl mechanism, this Pittsburgh 3/8 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench is another powerful addition to our best torque wrench reviews. this torque wrench comes in a sturdy carrying case. It is a reversible drive click stop torque wrench that provides precision in every attempt. Pittsburgh torque wrench offers a working range of 5-80 ft.lbs. That is suitable for light repairing jobs. Therefore, it provides +/- 4% accuracy. The construction of this torque wrench is heavy duty. Besides, the handle provides perfect grip and balance. For such quality, price is also acceptable.
- Comes with cam and pawl mechanism
- Click stop torque wrench
- Offers torque range 5-80 ft-lbs
- Offers accuracy within +/- 4%
- Comfortable grip
- Heavy duty construction
CDI Torque 2503MFRPH 1/2-Inch Drive Adjustable Micrometer Torque Wrench
With a Torque Range of 30-250 ft-lbs, this CDI Torque 2503MFRPH 1/2 –Inch Drive Adjustable Torque Wrench is the true synonym of immense power. It is specifically designed for heavy duty purposes. It features a dual scale which is easy to read with laser marking system. The head calibrated in both directions. Therefore, it also has a positive lock with spring loaded pull down lock ring feature. The handle is also comfortable to hold and employ. It makes the bolt and nuts tightening job faster and accurate.
- Offers torque range of 30-250 ft-lb
- Laser marked dual scale
- Positive lock feature included
- Comfortable handle
- Features Spring loaded pull down lock ring
ACDelco ARM601-3 3/8-inch Digital Torque Wrench
While it’s from ACDelco nothing, need to explain. In tools industry, ACDelco is one of the most leading brands. They have been producing quality tools for years. To satisfy the customer is their major purpose. So, this ACDelco ARM601-3 3/8- Inch Digital Torque Wrench is obviously one of the best torque wrenches of the present time. This torque wrench has huge popularity in the automotive field. This Digital Torque Wrench has various mode settings that offer precise torque every single time. It features built in audible buzzer and LCD display to show measurement effectively. It runs with the power of batteries. It is lightweight and durable.
- Various functions including torque setting, measurement setting, and mode setting
- Reversible directions
- LCD display for measurement purposes
- Working range is 2-37 ft-lbs
- Lightweight and comfortable
Park Tool Ratcheting Click Type Torque Wrench
The Park Tool Ratcheting Click Type Torque Wrench is the last but not the least option in our best torque wrench reviews. It comes with heavy duty construction for long lasting durability. However, it is a lightweight model with comfortable handle grip that provides proper balance while working. This easy to use ratcheting, click type torque wrench measures accurately and provides the correct amount of torque to a component’s threaded fasteners. It also comes with a sturdy case for storage purposes. Therefore, the price is inexpensive as well.
- Comfortable handle grip
- Lightweight components
- Click type torque wrench
- Measures accurately
- Sturdy case included
That’s all for the best torque wrench reviews. Hope you already know which one will suit your purpose. However, we have a buying guide section below. Don’t forget to read that out.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Torque Wrench
A torque wrench is a beneficial tool. By tightening the bolts, this tool increases the performance of vehicles. However, it is getting huge popularity at present, so lots of brands are offering a variety of torque wrenches in different price range. Among those options finding the appropriate one suppose to be harsh.
Besides, the budget is another important issue. You have to invest some dollars, and for that, you want to pick the best torque wrench from the market. That is obvious.
Now the question is what thing you should consider in a torque wrench? Here is your answer:
Look for Size and Type: I already mention size and type in the above portion. Have a look and consider which size and type are appropriate for your job purpose.
Consider Construction: It is suggested to look for all steel construction. Usually, steel construction lasts longer than other material types.
Handle Grip: if you want to use a torque wrench for an extended period, you should be careful about the handle selection. It must be soft and comfortable. Most of the recognized brand offers torque wrench that has ergonomic grip handle.
Accuracy: Accuracy varies from brand to brand. Well, the best torque wrench must have accuracy better than 5 percent. Usually, torque wrenches from recognized brands come with a certificate that indicates stating date and accuracy.
Ratcheting: A torque wrench that can work in both clockwise and counter clockwise system is known as bi-directional. If you pick a torque wrench with ratcheting feature than both left and right handed people can use it effectively. However, most of the digital and click type torque wrench has this feature included.
Look for Scale Visibility: No matter whether it’s a mechanical twist handle setting or a digital readout, pick one that is easy to read.
Look for Warranty: Warranty is another important issue to consider. Most of the famous brand offers a warranty of at least 1 year. Some offer much longer warranty period.
Hope you can now pick one of the best torque wrenches according to your job type. However, while purchasing a torque wrench, closely consider those tips I mentioned above. Some of the dishonest manufacturers are making worst quality products and selling them at a cheap price range. Don’t think to purchase those products. Those will not provide you the accuracy you need, and those will not be sustainable.
While using those types of tools don’t lose your focus. Any harm can happen due to loss of concentration. At the end of the day, your safety is what valued the most. That’s all for today. If you have anything to know about torque wrench, feel free to state. Some other effective product reviews and using tips is coming soon. Till then: